[RC5] CPU Temperature

Oliver Otte rc5list at seo.de
Wed Mar 13 21:59:45 EST 2002

> I have been running dnetc for a while now and I am curious about how much
> it raises my CPU's temperature.

Your CPU is working full time when doing dnet, it is usually not when doing - let's say editing some text.
Most of OS out there send a so called HLT instruction to the CPU, that saves energy as a result (= CPU doesn't get that warm).

But beware. Everything about 65C can do damage to a CPU. When you touch your CPU and your shouting ouch it IS too hot.
Get a better cooling for your CPU.

PS: I still think someone can't run a CPU on 83C for a longer time than just minutes.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net