[RC5] CPU Temperature

Paul West PaulW at paulw.net
Wed Mar 13 15:21:14 EST 2002

If your CPU is getting that hot with dnetc running, it will get to hot in
normal use also.

I would recommend two things:

1.	If possible, add an additional case fan.  Most cases these days have
room for at least one additional fan.  You should have at least one Intake
fan and one Exhaust fan.  Usually the power supply has an exhaust fan (but
there are exceptions).

2.	Replace the CPU fan on your celeron with something better.  It has
either been clogged with dirt or is insufficient for your CPU.  There are
plenty of good replacement heat sinks and fans available for $20 to $40.