[RC5] CPU Temperature

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Mar 13 23:10:29 EST 2002

FYI, if you read the specs on Intel and AMD's web sites, AMD CPU's can
operate at 90C.  Intel's vary, with their newer CPU's requiring lower
temperatures like 70C.  If you look at the PIII spec sheet, for instance, as
the speed increases, the heat that must be dissipated increases (of course)
and the temperature that the core must remain below DECREASES.  Needless to
say, before .13 micron, Intel was seriously pushing the PIII core at .18 to
stay competitive.