[RC5] CPU Temperature

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Mar 13 23:12:23 EST 2002

Not necessarily the case.  AMD's CPU's have not historically contained an
automated mechanism for doing this.  Intel only started this (I believe)
with the coppermine PIII's.  AMD has started including a thermal diode and
requiring motherboard makers to monitor the temperature of the chip, but
they're a little behind the curve in the "protecting you from a dead fan"
department.