[RC5] CPU Temperature

Stephan Wonczak sws at sherlock.pc.uni-koeln.de
Fri Mar 15 09:15:12 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, blitz fell across the keyboard, resulting in:

> THank you much.....copper grease came in 2nd...Ive got a bunch of
> that...its called no-sieze...
> Logic would dictate that, i'd assume, seeing silver is the best conductor
> and copper second...

  If you were talking about electric conductivity, you would be right. The
best (at least to my knowledge) heat conductor is diamond (there were
efforts to use CVD diamonds as heat sinks on computer chips to carry away
the heat from hot spots. Worked well, too, according to the guy who gave
the presentation I attended). Now diamond grease would be a mite too
expensive for most of us....

		C U, Stephan

   "I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it."
   "The meaning of my life is to make me crazy"

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net