[RC5] CPU Temperature

blitz blitz at macronet.net
Fri Mar 15 14:33:07 EST 2002

fraid diamond powder is outa my league...

Yeah, that silver grease is a bit pricey too...the cautions I can extend on
the copper colored anti-seize is that is IS conductive of electricity as
well, so 'carefully' coat the CPU and heatsink surface with it,making sure
you don't get any where it could cause a path to the pins. (Short advisory)
It contains copper powder...so your on your own here. A very thin coat on
both surfaces is my recommendation.
Permatex sells it as a no-seize compound (great for muffler bolts and
manifold studs) as does Versal/Heim part #(13).  Theres two permatex
products, one silver (containing aluminium, and one copper colored,
containing the copper powder)
Try any auto-supply store.
USE CAREFULLY: I will not be responsible for your CPU taking a crap...so
theres your warning.