[RC5] Service Pause Option

Dennis Lubert plasmahh at gmx.net
Tue Mar 19 19:10:51 EST 2002

At 08:36 19.03.02 -0600, you wrote:
>I currently use the following statement to pause the dnet service when
>someone opens the task manager on a nt/2k/xp machine so they don't see the
>dnet service eating up all the resources.  The service is also renamed so it
>looks more like an OS service.
>
>[triggers]
>pause-watch-plist=taskmgr|mmc
>
>Is there another trigger than can be used to pause the dnet service when
>someone is viewing the services remotely.  We use a very nice little program
>called remote task manager that lets you see and control all the services,
>process, events, devices, network and processor utiliztion, etc.  The dnet
>service won't pause because taskmanager isn't technically being run.
>Thanks

that will not work, since the process gets automatically killed when over a
specific limit...

and even if it would work, when I run dnetc with these pause options,
somoene runs one of the (thousands) programs under *nix that shows
utilization, and I can go and search for another university, because they
kicked me...