[RC5] Something dnetc needs

Dennis Lubert plasmahh at gmx.net
Wed Mar 20 10:56:08 EST 2002

At 14:40 19.03.02 -0800, you wrote:
>As far as I can tell you have absolutely no business running the client on
>these computers. They aren't yours. You aren't the admin. You seem to have
>no legitmate claim to the computers or their processor time. Drop it and
>move on.
>
>If I were the admin and I caught on to what you were doing (and I would) I
>would not only remove the client and remove your access to all systems but I
>would pursue termination or expulsion. You ARE NOT supposed to be running
>around and sneaking the client onto every PC you touch, that's not the point
>of d.net and it seems like you are looking for is a way to hide the
>processor from the admins. Bad juju. Don't do it.

This is a university system, with strict rules. As I said, I AM ALLOWED to
run this client at 100% CPU for 30 mins a day, or if it where possible I
can run it at 30% CPU the whole day. If it where a project for university I
was allowed to run  it at 100% overnight, but unfortunately not :( so I run
it not, since 30 mins per day is nearly nothing there... but if the client
could run constantely at 30% this woul be cool, since I am allowed to run
it... or at 5% so no one bothers *G*