[RC5] Something dnetc needs

Stephen Garrison garrison at ChE.UDel.Edu
Wed Mar 20 08:50:25 EST 2002

He has stated that it would be perfectly acceptable for him to run a
program on the machine so long as it only consumes upto 30% load or 30
minutes of time at 100% load. So if we, or dnet, can find a way to make
the client only run at 30% instead of 100%, he is allowed to run the
program. It appears that he wants to run the program within the spirit of
the rule (ie not running for programs with different names or under 3 of
his friends accounts). So, <30% would be fine, and it would be 30% that
would be going to waste anyways (not counting the cost of electricity
which we have had many discussions about) if it is running as an idle
process.

Now there might be some issues if he happens to find the key as he might
be using university or company resources for his own gain, but I will
leave that for another discussion.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net