[RC5] Service Pause Option

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Wed Mar 20 09:41:55 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Bruce Wilson wrote:
> Recent abuses have prompted us to explore options which will make
> unauthorized installs more difficult, less profitable, and easier to
> trace.  User interaction upon install is one option we are exploring.
> A registration/activation process is another.

Please discuss these things on the mailing list and try to get some
consensus before marching forward.  I've got a hundred machines crunching,
but I wouldn't have half of those if I had to install it manually on each
box.

--
</chris>

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."   -  Groucho Marx

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net