[RC5] Service Pause Option

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Mar 20 10:01:34 EST 2002

From: Boris59 [mailto:boris59 at boris59.de]
>One thing I found out: Java applications (especially
>development environments) seem to suffer from a
>running dnet client. On one computer of an employee
>I configured the client to pause when running java,
>javaw or netide (NetBeans executable), and now the
>employee and me are both happy.

Could this be caused by the Java VM's garbage collection or JIT threads
running at the same (low) priority as dnetc, thereby causing contention? So,
instead of precompiling and garbage collecting during otherwise 'idle' time,
the VM must pause to perform these functions?

I don't know much about the runtime architecture of a Java VM... Just
curious.

	-ryan-
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net