[RC5] Service Pause Option

blitz blitz at macronet.net
Wed Mar 20 13:48:42 EST 2002

I can assure you, Dnet will dry up and blow away should you follow through
with the below changes. Sending personal information over the net is the
point most people balk at, and DNet is no different. Yeah, sure you have an
email address, but its probably a throw-away in the first place. Large
projects are always suspicious, and Dnet is no different. Who knows, you
might sell all our email addys to a spamhaus once the project is done? The
ability to labor on anonymous is precious to a lot of people. Take it away,
and I can guarantee there will be a LOT less participants.
Generally, I think most people are not installing where its not wanted. If
Dnet becomes anal about it, well,theres lots of other distributed
challenges out there people can participate it....
What youve got now is working pretty well, changes will not be good for you.

Just my 2c

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net