[RC5] Service Pause Option

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Thu Mar 21 12:43:25 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Justin Hernandez wrote:

> while it is debateable the amount of "wear" you can put onto a cpu,
> i'd submit that the amount of wear you put on it is exceptionally
> negligible and insignificant, so the car scenario doens't work

People purchase cars based on mileage - use reduces value.  People
purchase computers based on age - time reduces value.  What you do with it
during that time (presuming it's in a smoke-free environment, etc.) is
pretty irrelevant!  Stealing CPU time is like the wear you put on a park
bench by sitting on it.  We may throw the homeless out of the park, but we
don't account for the wear they put on the bench.

--
</chris>

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."   -  Groucho Marx

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net