[RC5] continuation?

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Thu Mar 21 14:11:28 EST 2002

Maybe if you have a windows OS with MS Office on your computer w/o find fast
and MS broke into your house or used an open internet connection and
installed it behind your back. Maybe then....but since that has NEVER
happened......

Users and Administrators install the Windows OS and Office Suite on their
own. Of their own free will, on computers that they own or have legal
control over. It really is that simple. They have read the licencse
agreement (if they haven't they get no sympathy). Even if they buy the PC
with the OS and Office Suite pre-installed they still fall under the same
usage guidlines, and the same license agreements. They know what they got.
At least in this case usage implies agreement and understanding.

I don't see how that can be equated to someone stealing processor time via
unauthorized access to a PC.