[RC5] Service Pause Option

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Fri Mar 22 09:33:35 EST 2002

At least you understand that its about distributed computing and not
encryption. I just waiting for someone to 'crack' OGR24 encryption.....

Personally I am in the process of moving all my clients from dnet to ud. My
big complaints about ud are:

1. Their SMP support is kaka. Doesn't exist. My SMP boxes all sit 45% to 65%
processor utilization now. Sort of a waste.

2. Lack of clients. I'll rephase an earlier statement. I am in the process
of moving all my win32 boxes from dnet to ud. Linux, Netware, BeOS and OS/2
will stay with dnet for the time being.

3. Service install. Most of my win32s are NT or 2000. I don't want to have
to manually create a service. Yeah, its not hard, but I shouldn't have to do
it. I want UD to run when I am not logged in.

4. Screen Saver. Don't install the dumb screen saver. I don't want it or
need it. I didn't see an option in the UD client install to say NO to the
screen saver either. Very lame.

So, I think they have two really big items to fix in the win32 client, and
then they need to start developing for other platforms.....