[RC5] Is that smoke I smell?

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Mon Mar 25 20:36:20 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Gregory S Hopkins wrote:

> Far from true. My "el cheapo pc" has a $90 mobo (all in one lan, video,
> sound) with a $45 duron 950, and $35 (128mb) of ram.

	At the other end of the spectrum, the machine I'm on here has a $200
motherboard with $500 of processors, $300 of RAM, a $120 video card, and,
uh, a $5 NIC. My motherboard was hardly cheap, but the hardware it supports
was even less so.

	And that's kind of beside the point, anyway. Any way you figure it,
losing just the motherboard is going to be cheaper than losing the CPU, the
RAM, *and* the motherboard...

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  When all other means of communication fail, try words.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net