[RC5] 109-bit Elliptic Curve Cryptography knocked over with brute force

Greg Childers jgchilders at uk-alumni.org
Fri Nov 8 11:32:05 EST 2002

The challenge was offered to d.net and Chris Monico talked to them at
length about it, but in the end the core was based on GPLed code which is
incompatible with d.net's client source policy.  A core would have to be
rewritten from scratch, so d.net decided not to do it.  A group has formed
to do the challenge, though.  Their webpage is
http://www.ecompute.org/ecc2/ and a Win32 command line beta client is
available at http://ecompute.org/ecc2/cli-client.html

Greg