[RC5] They have all our e-mails!!!

James Spinks james at angelos.ftech.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 18:21:07 EST 2002

[ Sending again as the first one didn't seem to work ]

Quoting Denis <unholy_undead at hotmail.com>:

> I've just think - the d.NET staff have all our e-mails, so they can announce
> RC5-72 starting just by sending one message...

Are you crazy....   ;-)

There are a number of forums that already exist for this specific purpose and
dnet staff have already stated their plans:

Quoting Bruce Wilson:
5)  Mention the existence of the files in #distributed
6)  Post a .plan (mailed out nightly)
7)  Post to announce@/rc5@
8)  Update the homepage, if appropriate

There you are a perfectly acceptable 4 point plan to inform all groups that
could possibly want to know...   If you want to know and aren't able to receive
one of these communications get yourself on the list/channel post-haste...

> Just wondering does they planning to do this?

I sure hope not...  Think how many people that would upset - apart from anything
else, I'd get 3 direct copies, plus 2 copies on the above lists and the mention
on IRC aswell... information overload...

--
James Spinks
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net