[RC5] They have all our e-mails!!!

Zorba the Hutt zorbathut at uswest.net
Fri Nov 15 02:57:12 EST 2002

> Ah, but what is their user base like?  I doubt it's anything near the
> sheer size that d.net's is (300k +).  From the number of .plans that
> I've seen with something like "stats fell over, need to re-run" I think
> the d.net guys are hard pressed to keep things on an even keel as it is.
> Just the fact that things seem to run relatively smoothly goes to show
> what a good job they do.  Remember, things could be *a lot* worse than
> what they currently are.

Searching the stats on folding at home (which basically ate genome at home :P) for
people with small numbers of blocks has yielded someone ranked at #122649.
Since I know there are people with less unit than 0.5, there are therefore
more than 122,000 people (150,000?)

And keeping in mind that nowhere near all of dnet's 300k people are actively
contributing (I don't imagine all of f at h's are either, but since it's a
newer project I'd guess a larger percentage are still contributing), and I'd
say they're at about the same footage.

-Zorba

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net