[RC5] OGR search ignoring "as-good-as" candidates? And a mode st proposal...

Richard Farmbrough Richard.Farmbrough at telewest.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 23:41:17 EST 2002

Unfortunately OGR's are very "inefficient" by which I mean that the length
of say, OGR 27 will probably be sixty one units greater than OGR 26, and
hence based on a ruler which would have been discarded in the OGR 26 search
(in fact, arguably only one 26 mark ruler will have been generated).

However your second point is valid.

I would propose that once the bugs in OGR are believed eradicated we (i.e.
dnet) run at least OGR20 - 23 as a test, which should take less than one day
of the dnet entities processing time.