[RC5] RC5-72

Jerome Lamarque globulle at mac.com
Sun Nov 17 03:55:28 EST 2002

'lo 'veryone

>Do we know if the blocks currently being crunched on the BETA RC5-72
>will be a part of the overall keyspace, or are they just "tests" to
>be discarded when an official client gets released?

They won't make it into the stats, if that's what your inquiring.

>Just as a side FYI, My P-III Dell Latitude (1200 MHz) crunches at
>~2,450,000 keys/sec.
>
>Anyone have other numbers to share?

On RC5-64 my Power Macintosh G4 (400MHz) crunched at ~3,500,000 keys/sec.

My Mac Plus (68000 @ 8 MHz) took a week to crunch a single RC5-64 packet.

--
Jerome "globulle" Lamarque  sf-info at yahoogroupes.fr co-administrator
"In life there are three kinds of people.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net