[RC5] new release candidate available.

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Fri Nov 22 13:11:11 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Oliver Otte wrote:

> Although I see your point (time issue), it just doesn't matter if the
> release client of RC5-72 becomes available today or in a week.
> Personally I'd like to have a stable client that delivers correct
> results, instead of one that doesn't. I agree with you on the
> information issue - but, you still have the chance to join #distributed
> to ask the guys directly.

The dnet guys are caught in a catch-22.  We're a mailing list full of
people inpatient to get back to RC5, but if they release a client that's
not rather bug-free they know they're going to catch a load of c**p from
this same list of inpatient people.  While I'd love for them to designate
someone to provide us with more regular updates I can understand that
there are better things for them to do with their time.  I've got two
Athlong MP systems coming on line in the next few weeks and I'd really
like to see what they'll do with RC5.  I might just have to try the beta
or I'll keep chomping at the bit for RC5-72 to go live.  :)  Chomp, chomp.

--
</chris>

Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe:
entropy and human stupidity. They're not things you can always
overcome with a "methodology" or on a schedule.
		-Damian Conway, Perl God

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net