[RC5] new release candidate available.

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Sat Nov 23 08:47:57 EST 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Oliver Otte wrote:
> > I agree.  Since d.net is all about not "wasting" CPU cycles, perhaps they
> > should do a calculation of the number of cycles "wasted" since June or
> > whenever that the actual key was found.
>
> I can't think of anything more useless thing to do. By summing the
> wasted CPU cycles up you only get the exact number. What would you do
> with that number? Whine about it? Blame d.net for wasting users' money?

How about "wallow in negativity"?  Somebody should do a poll.  I would bet
that wallowing and whining would lead the pack.  grrr.

--
</chris>

Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe:
entropy and human stupidity. They're not things you can always
overcome with a "methodology" or on a schedule.
		-Damian Conway, Perl God

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net