[RC5] new release candidate available.

Timothy Marsh Timothy.Marsh at usm.edu
Sun Nov 24 08:32:29 EST 2002

Polls like that will almost always be lead be complainers.  That's because
most people don't feel moved enough to bother posting a message until they
are upset about something.  Sure there are the people just asking an
interesting question when things are going pretty good.  But one thing goes
wrong and you can see that the vast majority of posts are either complaints
or responses to complaints.
I believe dnet is doing the best they can.  I don't think they've lost
interest in the project, they just don't always have the time to devote to
dnet that they would like.  As far as wasting cycles, I'm not wasting any.
I'm happily crunching OGR.  I really don't see why everybody thinks its so
boring.  Yeah, its a little more complicated to work with as a project, but
on our (the cruncher) end the only difference is not knowing exactly how
long a work unit will take.  Understanding OGR takes a little more thinking
than the basic encryption concept.  And OGR might actually have more
scientific value than cracking encryption or searching for some massive
prime number.
How many people here have even looked at the applications for OGR and why
exactly do you all think it is so boring.

Timothy