[RC5] new release candidate available.

Mathieu Gilbert wilbrod at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 24 03:03:09 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikus Grinbergs" <mikus at bga.com>
Newsgroups: list.rc5
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RC5] new release candidate available.

> > OGR is indeed boring.
>

> Think about RC5-72 -- on paper it is 256 times as hard as RC5-64.
> And it took YEARS for distributed.net to "solve" RC5-64, and all
> that was accomplished was to decode __one__ message.  (In the
> meantime, in the real world, there are millions of encoded
> messages being generated!)
>
> At least with OGR (if the software were "smart" and bug-free) the
> results should allow a definite statement of where "good" rulers
> are, and where they aren't.  That to me is finding "knowledge".

You are right. If they could fix OGR and confirm the work done for this
project really worth something I think it would be far better than rc5-72.
At first I really loved OGR untill they told us the client or work results
were buggy. RC5-72 is going to take a while. Why don't you fix OGR and
provide us with an entertaining project. Otherwise, see you all in 4 years
when we solve rc5-72.

Mathieu

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net