[RC5] OGR

Richard Farmbrough Richard.Farmbrough at telewest.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 10:30:21 EST 2002

OGR is not boring, it is fascinating, if you have the progress indicator up
you can see the first 10 entries in the OGR candidates your machine is
considering.  You can get some idea of how the node is progressing and often
predict what numbers are coming up next.  RC5 all you could see is ...20%...
.
Also OGR, once the problems have been fixed (which I agree there were
communications difficulties about), will be producing a once-for-all result.
There is only one OGR-25 problem, there are arbitrarily many RC-64 problems,
the one we solved is really no more important than any other.
I agree that _ motivation_ on OGR is a problem, because we still don't know
how far through the keyspace we are  (even with OGR-24), and which results
are valid.
Again I would like to see the new clients and stub generators tested on
(all?) OGRs less than 25 as this would take a blink of the eye in dnet
terms, and help build confidence.

	Rgds,

		Richard.

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net