[RC5] new release candidate available.

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Mon Nov 25 08:47:43 EST 2002

1. OGR results are flawed. Period. The work going to OGR at this point
borders on worthless because a 'fixed' client at some point down the road
must validate it.

2. WHY? Could someone please explain to me WHY people assume that RC5-72
will exhaust the same percentage of key space as RC5-64 did? Or even CSC?
It's just not reasonable to assume that RC5-72 will have to go through 90%
of the keyspace. Yes, it's a possibility. No, it's not likely.

3. Most people don't care about OGR and never will. They joined D.net to
'fight the man'. To break encryption and to prove to big brother that 64-bit
encryption was not up to snuff. Personally, I don't agree with any of that,
but I'm telling you, that's why 90% of the /.'ers were here. You know those
people, the ones that focus on bit length every time encryption is mentioned
but pay zero attention to the algorithm being used.