[RC5] client versions - AIX

stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com
Tue Oct 1 10:11:23 EDT 2002

I found the answer to my version question on the website..
i guess I'll have to downgrade.... And live with the bugs....   :(

       v2.8012.466 and v2.8012.465
       These builds have been removed due to a bug. Work submitted from
       version v2.8012.466 and v2.8012.465 clients will be rejected.
       v2.8009.460+ (July 7th 2000)
       Client version v2.8009.460 will be the minimum build from which OGR
       results will be accepted from, even though earlier builds on some
       platforms included preliminary beta OGR support. Please be sure to
       verify all of your installed client versions.

> sidenote: Anybody any experience with running the Linux client on AIX 5L
,
>> I don't have any system available (yet)?
>> This would eliminate the need for an up to date AIX client in the
mid-long
>> run...allthough the available linux-ppc version is even older then the
AIX
>> one...

>Does not.  just runs next to AIX 5L, so you will waste cycles in the AIX
>partition.  Now, you could use some of the Linux port code and run it
under
>AIX.

What do you mean? The Linux client won't run natively on AIX5L ?

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Thank you

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net