[RC5] Length of contests

Adrian Neill digitaltoaster at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 1 13:34:02 EDT 2002

Yep your correct this doesn't apply to dnet at all because the equipment
upgrades itself automatically at no cost to the project budget.
Every bit of computation done between now and the time when it would take
less than 18 months to complete makes the project end in 18months - X
percent completed. Since there is no cost other than the web hosting
(afaik) all projects using the dnet model should be started as soon as
technically possible.
Dnet Keyrates increase on a curve because people upgrade their processors.

And hurry up with rc5-72 already my bedroom is getting cold, and winter is
coming! :-)

oh... and removing stats pisses people off, so whoever does that.. don't..
your going to lose the people who get off on the competitive part of  your
projects. The Apollo project was a "who's got the biggest dick contest" and
it got the USA to the moon first. So whip it out boys, lets get our rc5-72
on and see who's the real "man" around here.

Adrian Neill
A proud Canadian

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net