[RC5] Network traffic reduce idea

v.d.burg at planet.nl v.d.burg at planet.nl
Tue Oct 1 14:19:36 EDT 2002

I've noticed that the clients can get blocks from more than one keyserver.
If i'm correct there one in tu delft in the netherlands, close to me.
Probably more servers like this one i guess only one big main server.
Isn't it possible those big servers like in delft get a block of 2^64 keys or so
and split it in blocks of 2^32 - 2^36 and those who get the little blocks report
it back to the server it gets from.
This way the big key server needs to handle way less data and the traffic
between servers like delft and the master server is also very much reduced.

Jeroen