[RC5] client versions - AIX

Tom Ribbens webmaster at multi-air.com
Wed Oct 2 17:44:13 EDT 2002

> As I have mention prior too...  Give out bigger work units to personal
> proxies.
> Let them handout smaller usable ones (2^28 if required, maybe memory only
> clients or older machines) to the local machines.  Then the personal
proxies

> can re-gather the information and hand back the big work unit to the
server
> in
> sky. If a part is missing - it can locally rehand it out to get it fixed
and
> the
> block big block returned.  This way, some of the large farms out there,
you
> could hand out 2^48 or larger and let them do the sub work.  This way
your
> server are off loaded.

This is impossible due to the fact that a perproxy does not always run for
1 user, but often for more users. If such a proxy would break up such a big
block, and assign to more than 1 different users, it would not be able to
put it in 1 block anymore, because the participant-id's must be set correct
per block. Currently, official keyservers get huge blocks, and split them
up themselves, but are not able to merge the blocks back to one whole.

GreetZ,
Tom

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net