[RC5] client versions - AIX

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Thu Oct 3 00:18:46 EDT 2002

At 10:42 -0400 on 10/02/2002, Jonathan Smith wrote about RE: [RC5]
client versions - AIX:

>But without that data the pproxies can't compute correct stats.  I
>know that towards the end of rc5-64 I usually have 3 to 4%
>difference between the number of blocks my pproxy saw and the number
>I was credited for.

I have two suggestions to fix this type of situation.

  1) There should be provision in the Keymaster code to send a report
back to the submitter that lists the SUBMITTED Block Count not just
the CREDITED count (with the rejected due to dupes count being
reported).

  2) There should be a provision at FLUSH and/or FETCH time to send a
list of blocks still in the BUFF-IN queue that can get a response
that will list those that WILL get rejected so they can be removed
from the BUFF-IN prior to being uselessly crunched. I am willing to
have the reply come back as an EMAIL not in real-time - just so it
can then be read into the program to fix the BUFF-IN.

On a separate issue, I would like a provision for returning the
BUFF-IN units when shutting down a Client (or if over extended).
These returned blocks would go onto a separate "returned" queue on
the Keymaster that gets handed out PRIOR to other blocks so they care
recycled immediately and are not "Lost" until we recycle though the
address space.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net