[RC5] client versions - AIX

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Wed Oct 2 23:56:59 EDT 2002

At 09:29 -0500 on 10/01/2002, Bruce Wilson wrote about RE: [RC5]
client versions - AIX:

>One of the problems we ran into with the RC5-64 project was that many
>subspaces were heavily fragmented.  We were unable to hand out large
>workunits (2^33) because someone had completed a single 2^28 in the
>middle, either by randoms or by asking for small workunits.

Solution - Have a separate Subspace for smaller workunits. You ask
for 2^28, it comes from a Subspace that hands out 2^28s and 2^29s. Or
list the WUs by size so as you get fragmented, they get shuffled onto
the smaller size Queues.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net