[RC5] OGR motivations/achievements in general

dan carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Fri Oct 4 20:17:47 EDT 2002

It is possible that we complete OGR-24 -25 -26 -27 -28.... and actually
find no new shorter rulers.

However i don't think that would be 'useless'  confirming through
empirical work that the currently known shortest rules are in fact the
shortest rulers is a worthwhile result.

The problem with OGR imho is that there is a vacum of information as to
our progress.

Based on the rates from the first few months of OGR work, OGR-25 should
have been finished a long time ago.  However a bug was discovered in the
OGR client and AFAICT no one at dnet really understands the full impact
of the bug, and so for the last two years we have been plodding along
with no clear idea as to the usefullness of our work. (Dan Oetting made
an insightful post about this many moons ago IIRC)

Surely there must be some OGR experts out there who would be interested
enough in our results to help out in the project?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net