[RC5] Clients still working on old contests

Jeff Barnette barnette at alamo.satlug.org
Fri Oct 4 19:08:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Ryan Malayter wrote:

> I found a few old clients on my netowrk by changing a few logging rules
> on my firewall and checking the logs a week later.

That's a good idea about the firewall.  I'll try it.  Unfortunately, most
of the early boxes were scattered all over the place.  Friends, family,
some businesses I did some work for, etc.  I was evangelizing the
distributed.net thing pretty hard for a while there.

About 2 years ago, I made some calls along these lines, but didn't find
any old clients.  Everything had either been updated or removed.  This
thread has gotten me thinking I may have missed something.

Bruce Wilson just sent a note saying they have no way of tracing those old
clients.  I guess that puts an end to this thread -- unless they want to
consider unblocking port 2056 for a while. :-)

Jeff

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net