[RC5] Clients still working on old contests

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Sat Oct 5 17:48:06 EDT 2002

On Saturday 05 October 2002 01:02 CET Bruce Wilson wrote:
> No, we have no way of tracing back the machines submitting RC5-56 and
> DES work.  This work is submitted on a completely different TCP port
> (2056) than our current network (2064) and the port we'll be using with
> the RC5-72-capable clients (2072 - see the pattern?).  To reduce the
> load on our servers, we simply block the old port.  It may not be the
> most graceful way to handle the problem, but it is simple and effective.

Ummm... maybe it's a stupid question but on which port do/will OGR connect?
I've got one of my perproxys running NATed behind a production firewall
where I don't have physical access currently (it's in another city) and
don't like the idea of remotely fiddling around with the firewall just for
dnet too much...

Malte
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net