[RC5] OGR motivations/achievements in general

Ray Booysen rjb-dis at iafrica.com
Sun Oct 6 09:12:42 EDT 2002

What's wrong with the NDA?  Seems like a good way to keep their confidential
information private.
The difference between us being volunteers and them is that all we have to
do is install and set-up the clients and proxies
while they have to set up and maintain the servers, any problems with the
clients and a whole lot more.  How on earth can you put us and the dnetc
guys in the same league when you speak about volunteers.  It makes no sense
at all.

I am sure you have a job and are a busy man.  Do you have time in your day
to sit and write a whole bunch of code to take care of the changes you are
making?
Again, and maybe this time you can remember. The network is run by
VOLUNTEERS which means that when you are sitting by your pool with a
cocktail in your hand one of the dnetc staff is sitting behind a computer
fixing problems.  So next time you are relaxing in front of the TV watching
good sport just think " Would I rather be here at the moment or fixing a
stats bug."  This might put it into perspective for you.  And if the NDA is
stopping you from joining then it probably is a good idea that you don't
join.  I can't trust someone that isn't prepared to protect the intellectual
property of a non-profit organisation.

And all this comes from the guy who thinks sucking every one of the dnetc
stats pages is a good idea.  And off donated bandwidth.  I think this says
it all.

Cheers
Ray Booysen