[RC5] OGR motivations/achievements in general

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Wed Oct 9 16:53:55 EDT 2002

Personally I have no problem with the port change. Even if you are behind a
firewall where the port is closed, you can just configure the client to map
to 80 and you're done...works for me. And don't have to modify every client.
Just copy the ini file. Not a HUGE deal.

Better to have the users that don't maintain their crap waste bandwidth than
to have the Dnet proxy network waste processor time and storage on projects
that ended 4 years ago. They will probably be getting RC5-64 blocks returned
for 10 years.

And with that, I would really apprecaite an OGR client that works properly.
It is as important as preparing RC5-72. Personally I would probably rather
have RC5-72 delayed a bit, if it means that a proper OGR client could be
delivered at the same time. Even better would be the modification to
tracking stats that would rely on a D.Net UserID instead of an e-mail
address. Probably easier to put that in at the start of the RC5-72 project
than six months into it. But I really don't know.....

Jason