[RC5] OGR motivations/achievements in general

Richard Farmbrough Richard.Farmbrough at telewest.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 10:38:39 EDT 2002

The point I was making rather badly, was that the outdated clients were
wasting dnet's (donated) bandwidth, not their own.  Simpler just to absorb
the blocks.  However I suspect that it's not a major issue either way, OGR
24 had virtually dried up until RC5-64 was completed.  A few thousand blocks
a day will not be significant to the proxy network.  Maybe a few thousand
clients trying to connect every few seconds would, I don't know.

	Rgds,

		Richard Farmbrough.