[RC5] Virus alert !

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Fri Oct 11 01:04:07 EDT 2002

seems that folk need to go search out the details of what bugbear does
and how it operates... though i don't really like symantec, they do have
very informative data on most virus' and worms...

FWIW: bugbear can send original messages, forwarded messages, and even
replies to messages... however, the text within the message that bugbear
sends can be anything from an existing email to a document on the
infected machine...

FWIW2: bugbear also can use complete existing email addresses as well as
take parts from several and put them together to create a "new" email
address...

FWIW3: and lets not forget about the keystroke logger that sends the
intercepted keystrokes (passwords, credit card numbers, anything you
type!) to a dedicated machine

FWIW4: and there's also the backdoor it opens so that the hacker has
full access to your machine...