[RC5] OGR motivations/achievements in general

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sun Oct 13 21:48:57 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 07:47:09PM +0400, Roman Trunov wrote:
> waldo kitty wrote:
>
> > if someone would compile an updated client for my OS/2 boxen, they
> > wouldn't be doing garbage work and could continue to contribute to the
> > overall cause...
>
> Oh, by the way. Bruce, some time ago a call for OS/2 porters was made on
> Bugzilla. Did you found new porter? Because when I tried to became one
> some time ago (because OS/2 client wasn't updated for ages, have old and
> slow OGR cores, etc.), I've received absolutely no response on my
> e-mails sent to:
>
> a) a person who called for porters;
> b) a person who was responsible for this bug in bugzilla;
> c) help at distributed.net. (at least, a script sent me an auto-reply <g>).
>
> Also, I've sent to help at dnet some patched to minor bugs, which I've
> found during compilation and testing of public source. Yesterday I've
> downloaded latest snapshot of public sources and noticed that these bugs
> are still here...

The best way to submit patches of any kind is through bugzilla.

> So, how can a person really help d.net (NDA signing is Ok)?

If you're interested in joining the staff, you need to either stop by
#distributed on IRC and chat with the channel operators, or email
whoever's in charge of whatever you're interested in doing. For
coding/client work, that would be bovine at distributed.net.
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim at nasby.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net