[RC5] Beta Clients Stats

Gustav_Schaffter at capgroup.com Gustav_Schaffter at capgroup.com
Wed Oct 16 11:49:56 EDT 2002

I think I found the most 'official' statement we will get in this matter
at: http://www1.distributed.net/download/prerelease.html

"There are no current plans to provide stats for work computed with these
clients while they are in BETA state."

So that should probably be the answer to the question concerning BETA's.
Stats plans for release candidates are obviously still to be defined.

Gustav

                    Gustav
                    Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPI       To:     rc5 at lists.distributed.net
                    TAL at CG                      cc:     (bcc: Gustav Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: [RC5] Beta Clients Stats
                    owner-rc5 at lists.distr
                    ibuted.net

                    16-10-2002 10:23 AM
                    Please respond to rc5

I would appreciate an official comment on this, since I think it's fair to
let beta participants know under what rules they provide their resources.

Gustav

                    stvernaillen at ge.cokec

                    ce.com                      To:
rc5 at lists.distributed.net

                    Sent by:                    cc:     (bcc: Gustav
Schaffter/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
                    owner-rc5 at lists.distr       Subject:     RE: [RC5] Beta
Clients Stats
                    ibuted.net

                    16-10-2002 10:20 AM

                    Please respond to rc5

I guess that it'll depend on how big the bugs found are.

No bugs = credited + not reissued
minor bug = credited ? and / or reissued ?
major bug = def not credited + def reissued

but it's just a guess

Stan

                      "Ry Jones"

                      <rjones at airgap.net>         To:
<rc5 at lists.distributed.net>

                      Sent by:                    cc:

                      owner-rc5 at lists.dist        Subject:  RE: [RC5] Beta
Clients Stats
                      ributed.net

                      16/10/2002 09:58

                      Please respond to

                      rc5

this isn't official, but since they're coming from beta clients, I would
suspect they'll be re-issued.