[RC5] Option 1.2 Query

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Thu Oct 17 02:06:36 EDT 2002

I have a question about setting 1.2 which according to the docs is
supposed to (when set to -1) run the client until it has cleared out
buffer-in and then shut down. In testing, I found that this does
occur but there either seems to be a misunderstanding on my part of
the purpose of the setting or there is a bug/design-flaw in the
implementation. When the client shuts down, it does not first flash
the buffer-out so you are left with processed but unreturned work
units. The only way I can find to get the flush is to reset 1.2 to 0
and start the client (which refreshes Buffer-In at the time of the
flush so I'm back were I started). Is this the way it is supposed to
work or am I missing another setting to force the flush prior to the
shut down.

Thank you.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net