[RC5] just curious

Ben King ben.king at gmx.net
Tue Oct 22 18:22:39 EDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
[mailto:owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net] On Behalf Of waldo kitty
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2002 17:03
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net
Subject: Re: [RC5] just curious

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On dinsdag, okt 22, 2002, at 16:35 Europe/Brussels, Earl
'<--Havoc--{{{'

(http://www.spews.org/html/S1481.html),
> a spam blacklist. The reason is not that distributed.net has been
> spamming, but one of their "neighbours" called apexmarketinginc.com
has
> been doing it and apparently their ISP refuses to take action against
> them (so they try to pressure the ISP to take action by including
other
> IP-addresses that belong to them, hoping that other customers of this
> ISP will complain about the resulting reduced email connectivity).

oh that's nice... i've "delt with" apexmarketinginc in the past... they
are definitely spammy and the host must be decidedly dark grey or black
hat if they refuse to do something about them... in my mind, its time to

move the list server elsewhere... that'll also get that provider's
attention...

--
        _\/