[RC5] OGR-25

Greg Childers jgchilders at uk-alumni.org
Sat Sep 14 00:37:07 EDT 2002

Hi,

As we all anxiously await the arrival of the RC5-64 key (let's hope this
isn't another CSC with the key arriving at >98% of the keyspace checked!),
would it be possible to compile a few stats for OGR-25?  It's been going
for just over 2 years now, and some vague idea that progress is occurring
would be reassuring.  Something simple like total number of 6-stubs,
fraction of those stubs that have been returned once, and fraction that
have been verified by a second pass would be great.  I realize that since
the node counts of stubs varies greatly, this isn't a meaningful measure of
the amount of work to do, but at least it gives some idea that we're
getting there.

Thanks,
Greg

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net