[RC5] Removing Stats?

Oliver Otte rc5list at seo.de
Fri Sep 27 12:19:28 EDT 2002

>> He isn't.
>> Removing stats since 07/14 is cheating, nothing else than that.
> Cheating? Who is getting cheated?

There are people out there who started participating 07/15. All the blocks
they chrunched are wasted. Heck, they might not even appear in the stats as participants.

> The goal of this project was to find the key. Therefore the projected
> ended when its goal had been achieved and the key found. This was
> 14/07/2002.

OK, I agree to that statement.

> You seem to be implying that DNet are doing something which will be to
> their gain by trimming back the stats to the date the project actually
> finished. What would that be then?

Nonsense. There is no outcome of such "trimming back".

> You appear to have lost track of the core reason this project was created. [...]
> It was *not* created for people to have dick-size-wars over how many blocks [...]

This was never a reason for me to participate. I don't care if I did 2.1m blocks or
2.4m. I just want those 2.4m to appear as "done for the project".

--
Oliver

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net