[RC5] Removing Stats?

Mandelli Alessandro motovacanze at motovacanze.it
Fri Sep 27 13:30:20 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <Gustav_Schaffter at capgroup.com>
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [RC5] Removing Stats?

> For instance, I have the impression that the seti at home project has been
> very successful in attracting, and also in *keeping*, the interest for
> their project. I'd say that this is largely because they have much more
> than the RC5 project put in efforts in keeping the stats hungry
> participants happy. Happy participants stay.

Yeah. On Seti stats are never down, proxies have a high availability, and
more important the website is updated regularly.
Take OGR, for example: OGR graphs haven't been updated since ages, though it
should be a daily cron task.
We don't even know how far have we got since now and how it will take to
exhaust the computation.

Ciao

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net