[RC5] Removing Stats?

Nuno Carvalho nuno.carvalho at ca.efacec.pt
Fri Sep 27 18:27:19 EDT 2002

I was reading all this discussion about the removed stats!!

I have to agree with those who says that "Blocks done after the winnig Key
was found, are garbage".
But, by the same logic: all blocks done before wining key was found, are
garbage too!

All blocks have been garbage, except the one that contains the correct key!!

Why should us consider the wrong blocks before found the correct key, and
not to consider the blocks done after??

If we consider the time wasted to get the correct key, we should only
consider the work done before. (blocks, keys, days, etc...)

IN the other hand... ALL work has been done to accomplish the goal. All work
done until the time the anounce was made, and RC5-64 contest closed, should
be consider...
Every one who done work this days, done it for distributed.net. Done it,
with the ideia that could win the prize...

Maybe d.net guys could reveal the all stats for all of us (participants),
and make a special announcement about dates, and total work done until the
day that correct key is found

(sorry about my horible english, i hope you get my ideia)
Nuno Carvalho

Congratulations to all
:D