[RC5] Removing Stats?

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Fri Sep 27 13:29:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Carl Inglis wrote:

> But that's the point - they weren't "done for the project". The project
> had finished the moment the winning key was found.

	Yes, they were... and yes, it was. I would argue that the winning
key was not found on July 14th. It was found whenever d.net finally got
around to confirming that it was, in fact, the right key. Until then, it was
just another possible.

	And until the moment that d.net announced that the key had been
found, everyone was continuing to churn through work for them in good faith.
Because of screw-ups and delays *on d.net's end*, I put two months of CPU
time that I could have used elsewhere into RC5-64. I want credit for that
work.

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  A tautology is a thing which is tautological.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net