[RC5] Removing Stats?

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Fri Sep 27 10:31:56 EDT 2002

>People, Distributed.net stats don't give you longer life, make you a better
>person, raise your status in society, or make you more attractive to the
>opposite sex.

All of that is true and oh so entertaining.

Then d.net should not track stats at all on Rc5-72. Just put out a press
release when it is done. See how well that goes over.

>The contest is over, the winner is the one with the key.  Does the fact
>that you may be 6034th in stats vs. 6033th make *any* difference?

Actually, one of my e-mail address will loose several thousand positions.
Yeah, that does bug me.

>Rejoice in that the key was found!  Look forward to RC5-72, then bitch
>about stats again.

I'm still in shock that it was found, so rejoicing may not be happening yet.
I was immediately looking forward to RC5-72, but as I said, I am unlikely to
donate to on organization that does not recognize my donations, so I may not
be participating.

>If people are so concerned about their stats, why don't they run perproxies
>and maintain their own stats like I do?

I do run a PProxy. But how does that solve this issue?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net